- Eat less meat!
- Check portion of rice/pasta and potatoes before cooking to avoid
- Use bags of frozen veg to make sure you use just the amount
- Buy loose fruit and veg as you can buy as much as you
- Pick wild fruit, blackberries, elderberries-delicious crumble
- Cook just enough rice (approx. 25g per
- Cook for 2-3 days at a time
- Ignore 2-4-1 offers in supermarkets
- Invite a neighbour to dinner
- Make a shopping list
- Ignore sell by dates
- Portion up meat in bags and then freeze
- Write a meal plan
- Keep your veg in the dark and in straw as it’ll keep
- Buy a slow cooker so you can make meals like curries, chilli etc
in advance and freeze them into smaller portions
- Bulk cook and then freeze portions.
- ALWAYS write a shopping list.
- Trade in your large fridge for a smaller one=less food
- Grow your own then take as you need it!
- Take advantage of seasonal gluts-batch cook and freeze or
- Keep bread in the freezer and thaw out as
- Make banana cake with over-ripe bananas
- Keep ‘food supply journeys’ as short as